Saturday 16 June 2012

The Joy of Movement

The Joy of Movement.

The early stages of depression, loneliness kick in as I wake up alone.
Why am I doing this? I question myself. What for?
There is a hollowness within me. I gather my things. Pack my bags.
I say goodbye to my temporary friends.

I briefly survey my route and check over my bike. I swing my leg over. Excitement rising.
I kick it over and the bike erupts into life. I twist the throttle. The wind blows on my face.
I’m off again. Past feelings melted away. I ride off full of excitement. What does this day hold? Where will I stay? Who will I meet? The clouds and mountains drift by. I see a bird flying over head. The clouds.
I am full of the joy of life. I am alive.
I met some great people. We share stories and laugh.
The next day I wake up, the early stages of loneliness kick in. I gather my things. I pack my bags. I say goodbye to my temporary friends. I question myself.

The lack of meaningful conversation with friends, meaningful human interaction takes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment